Having a BIG problem here. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: POLAND
Posts: 5
Default Having a BIG problem here.

Recently i encountered a problem, i picked up my laptop.
Aspire 5750-9668
Windows 7 Home Edition
Intel core i7-2630QM
Intel HD graphics 3000
4GB DDR3 Ram
640GB HDD Toshiba

I accidentally dropped it on my cooling fan and the Pc restarted.
every time it starts the computer BEEPS.. its constant and never ending the computer loads to the starting screen and just freezes. no matter what you press it keeps beeping. When pressing the power button it stops for the time you have it pressed but resumes as you let it go.. i tried everything except taking it apart.. i have before and its not a problem but turning to this forum before i do that. Start up repair came up with nothing and i haven't been able to find anything on the internet. With my PC knowledge i believe it has to be some kind of hardware problem.. maybe the motherboard. Most likely that's it but im trying to see if anyone can give me some advice or ever encountered this type of problem.
Thanks in advance!
__________________

iNaSty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Student & Lover of Games
 
XGC Forsakend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,395
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

I personally am not very knowledgable, but this might help paint a picture for others. Normally beeps on start up (at least for desktops) is like an error code.

What is the pattern of the beeps? (Example: 2 short beeps one long)
__________________

XGC Forsakend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: POLAND
Posts: 5
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC Forsakend View Post
I personally am not very knowledgable, but this might help paint a picture for others. Normally beeps on start up (at least for desktops) is like an error code.

What is the pattern of the beeps? (Example: 2 short beeps one long)
i am aware of the beep patterns and their meanings but this one has me lost. The thing is its constant until i turn the pc off with the power button. There is no pattern and it does not stop
CONSTANT BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.
iNaSty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pushing Daisies on Saturn
 
Yevrag35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin, US
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

If your computer is not booting or you're not getting any display your computer is not passing the POST. Often this beep code is caused by one of the following reason:
  1. One or more of the fans are not working or do not have a power connection connected to them.
  2. Computer is not passing the POST because of improper connections from a different necessary on-board device.
__________________


Yevrag35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: POLAND
Posts: 5
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yevrag35 View Post
If your computer is not booting or you're not getting any display your computer is not passing the POST. Often this beep code is caused by one of the following reason:
  1. One or more of the fans are not working or do not have a power connection connected to them.
  2. Computer is not passing the POST because of improper connections from a different necessary on-board device.
in other words i have to take this puppy apart and check all the connections..
damn that's what i really didint want to do.. as this build is stubborn to take apart and put back together, ill get to it, see you later.!
iNaSty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,505
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNaSty View Post
in other words i have to take this puppy apart and check all the connections..
damn that's what i really didint want to do.. as this build is stubborn to take apart and put back together, ill get to it, see you later.!
I would just start by checking RAM and HDD connections. Those are the 2 most likely to have gotten jarred loose when dropped (I'd first look at RAM).

Should just be an access panel to easily get to your RAM. Open that up, remove all the RAM sticks, and then reinsert them securely.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: POLAND
Posts: 5
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
I would just start by checking RAM and HDD connections. Those are the 2 most likely to have gotten jarred loose when dropped (I'd first look at RAM).

Should just be an access panel to easily get to your RAM. Open that up, remove all the RAM sticks, and then reinsert them securely.
I checked the RAM and HDD before i wrote on here and it did nothing.
I just took it all apart.. checked everything did not see any lose cables or wires.
everything seems ok and as i remember it when i took it apart long ago..
Still the continuous beeps.. man WTF
iNaSty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pushing Daisies on Saturn
 
Yevrag35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin, US
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNaSty View Post
I checked the RAM and HDD before i wrote on here and it did nothing.
I just took it all apart.. checked everything did not see any lose cables or wires.
everything seems ok and as i remember it when i took it apart long ago..
Still the continuous beeps.. man WTF
You could try taking the battery out for 10-15 minutes to see if this is caused by the BIOS or something.
__________________


Yevrag35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: Having a BIG problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNaSty View Post
Recently i encountered a problem, i picked up my laptop.
Aspire 5750-9668
Windows 7 Home Edition
Intel core i7-2630QM
Intel HD graphics 3000
4GB DDR3 Ram
640GB HDD Toshiba

I accidentally dropped it on my cooling fan and the Pc restarted.
every time it starts the computer BEEPS.. its constant and never ending the computer loads to the starting screen and just freezes. no matter what you press it keeps beeping.
Try this for me if you can, go back inside your laptop.
Check and make sure the keyboard ribbon cable is not messed up or the connector itself.
If they are, unplug the keyboard and use a usb keyboard and mouse if necessary.
Check and make sure the screws "ARE" back in place and securely snug for it not to move around.
__________________

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.