have i killed my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicredcat

Solid State Member
hi all,
im new

right my problem is, i bought a new motherboard (asus a7v8x-x) evenualy got it running (had to but all new parts) and now it doesnt work, well not anymore.
once i got it running i formatted it and installed xp home edition, after that it was working perfectly for about 18 hours untill my sister went on it and it crashed. she tryed reseting it and the frozen screen was still there, so she held in the power button and it still wouldnt turn off. so it was turned off at the plug, then turned back on and all that was displayed was 'no connection' on the monitor.
i tryed to fix it, make sure everything was inserted correctly, etc and it still displayed 'no connection'
so i put the old motherboard in and used all the same parts and it worked perfeclty, so none of the parts were faulty. i can only assume it was the motherboard that had broke somehow?
went the new asus motherboard was in and turned one, it sounded as if everything was booting up but then the hdd just stops or doesnt finish booting? the 'no connection' goes for a second then comes back, theres the usual beep aswell when its started (i think)
the cd drive lights come on so does the power light on the motherboard.
i have no idea what the problem could be.
im new to pcs and this was my first project, trying to build a new pc, but now that ive got most of the parts the motherboard dies.
so what should i do guys (and gals)

i bought it off ebay and the bloke said it was tested by asus before he sold it and he says its been three weeks since i purchased it so theres no way he can give me a refund, t0$$er

ouchers. :( do you want my msi k8n neo2 platinum even though mines is socket 939 and yours is socket A home about if i give you my 3200+ with it. and the stock heatsink and fan.

PZEROFGH said:
ouchers. :( do you want my msi k8n neo2 platinum even though mines is socket 939 and yours is socket A home about if i give you my 3200+ with it. and the stock heatsink and fan.

i would buy that off you if:
1. i had the money, im on a tight budget
2. you lived in the uk
3. your not pulling my leg

but thanks for the offer;)

ill give it to you for 5 bucks and i do live in the UK and im not pulling your leg, right now im pulling your arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom