Have i buggered my pc? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Quote:
Originally posted by BASSMASTER
Check your device manager for that DVD drive, if it's still there (probably with an error) uninstall the drivers associated with it, and then delete the device from the device manager. Reboot and see if that helps.
This is a good recommendation. There is probably a BIG YELLOW exclaimation point on the device manager list where this drive was listed. Uninstall, Reboot... Well said, "Bassmaster" - by the way do you like all of this rain we are having BASS?

Old 10-14-2005, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by HAVOC2k5
This is a good recommendation. There is probably a BIG YELLOW exclaimation point on the device manager list where this drive was listed. Uninstall, Reboot... Well said, "Bassmaster" - by the way do you like all of this rain we are having BASS?
Thanks man

This weather is awful, I guess we can't really complain though. We had an unbelievably nice spring and summer, it was like every weekend was nicer than the next, so I guess we had this coming!

Me and the leaf blower are going to be spending some quality time together once all this rain/wind finally stops

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
Old 10-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

all i have to say is to the original poster.....your brother needs a beating. but hopefully havocks suggestion will work, that's what i was going to post. or try running ide device detection or whatever it is called in your bios.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Quote:
Originally posted by BASSMASTER
Thanks man

This weather is awful, I guess we can't really complain though. We had an unbelievably nice spring and summer, it was like every weekend was nicer than the next, so I guess we had this coming!

Me and the leaf blower are going to be spending some quality time together once all this rain/wind finally stops
Yeah, it was a great spring/summer. But, now i think we are going to have to suffer with a horrid fall/winter. Cold rainy days and icey snowy messy days... I hate it.

Sorry.. we didn't mean to hijack the original posters thread...
Continue...
Old 10-15-2005, 02:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
True Techie

I can't wait to hear if this removing the CMOS battery actually did anything at all. I will keep watching.

I mean it's free, 'it's something to do, but I don't see how it's relevant.

Good luck though.