Hardware problems still exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well guess wat
i got this ram
xms 2 timings are 4 4 4 12
i talked to one of the co workers who really know sme for a while and he's like comlain to the manager that ppl over at the store suggested you to do all this...so i went up to him and he's like bring all your stuff back and we'll see what we can do....
the co worker said they will prob take the mobo back but not the cpu which is good enough atleast.

now im gonna put my old system back with the p35 and q6600 and pray it works...then pack the new stuff and return it
i dont wanna upgrade anythin tbh...im happy with what i have!

Well good, if the store gusys got you to buy the mobo, then they should have to take it back.

A spare cpu isn't a bad thing though.

well guess wat EVERYTHING WORKS NOW....wooohoo
gonna goto the store now and see if they'll take anything back
thanks for your help everyone

and paton...u were right about the ram from start
thanks..
didnt even have to reformat since it was only me replacing the ram....
might install vista on the new hdd..and keep xp on this.

cant wait to start foldin!!!!

lol, ram is always one of the first things you should check when troubleshooting an oc'd system that wont post.

lesson learnt!
thats what my plan was in the first place but i got carried away...

its runnin at 5 5 5 18 now ...gonna change it to 4 4 4 12...
cpu is still runnin on stock setttings ...for now
just glad to get everythign back...using vista and its amazing...
everything workin out too well.

thanks for all your patience and helP!

well i filed and rma with crucial and this is the email i got from them.

Hello Qasim,

Thank you for contacting Crucial. The replacement modules you will be receiving incorporate a new chip build, which operates at a lower voltage than the modules you are returning. The original Ballistix modules operated at 2.2 volts, while the newer build only requires 2.0 volts. Please make sure this adjustment is made in your system BIOS prior to receiving and using the new, revised modules that are being processed to replace your returned Ballistix modules. The latency timings have not changed.

Now the new ones that they will send me...are they any better or is it the one sided one that are weaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom