Hardware problems need help

stevenmor52

Beta member
Hello I'm new to a site like this and i need some advice on my computer components. I'll leave the pc specs at the bottom.
This pc i have was built by myself 2/3 years ago when socket 1150 was popular. About a year ago this problem started I have a gigabyte z97x gaming 3 motherboard first time i had this issue i turned my power on and my monitor was blank and i heard a clicking sound from the pc. so I investigated the issue and found that the mobo speaker was making the clicking sound so i changed the mobo speaker and still was making this sound. So i found out if I take the ram stick out of the motherboard and change the slot and reboot it works fine i have to keep doing this everyday i also changed my bios battery and then at first i thought it was windows 10 or the new gigabyte bios update from their website so i downgraded back to windows 7 home premium still got the same issue I've tried the components in different tower systems all components work great in different systems i decided to try each component outside my case to see if the case was short circuiting. Jumpstarted psu that was working fine i then put the 8pin and 24pin from psu into motherboard and then motherboard started clicking then installed my intel processor and changed my antec watercooling to the stock air fan the mobo/bios speaker was beeping like crazy because their was no ram installed. Installed the ram and motherboard booted then cut off did this three times it booted then the mobo speaker started clicking again till i changed the ram stick into a different slot.

any help on this matter would be great because every local computer store i've spoken to have no idea what the issue is.

pc specs:
motherboard - gigabyte z97x gaming 3
case - cooler master haf
psu - alpine 850w
cpu - intel core i7-4790 cpu 3.60ghz
windows 7 home premium
cpu - stock fan that came with cpu
memory - SP 8GB 1600mhz
HDD - WD black 1tb desktop hard drive
gpu - cpu integrated graphics
fans - 3x corsair sp120
Thanks in advanced

Sounds like it's either a RAM stick issue or RAM slot on the board causing it.

Have you tried adding RAM one stick at a time in the same slot to see if that causes the same thing? You may need to try each slot one at a time with a single RAM module.

Back
Top Bottom