Hardware problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enix33

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I made a thread a while back about some problems i been having with my computer getting BSoD's and what not. Anyways, in the other thread i explained how I ran memtest and diagnostics for my RAM and HD and I didn't notice no real problems with either one. And just recently my computer just completely went wacky, by this I mean it was bringing up every BSoD error you could think of aside from MEMORY MANAGMENT BSoD. And now, it starts up and gets to the windows loading screen but at the desktop it just freezes and goes BSoD.

Some more info, I thought it was my harddrive so I bought a new one. Well I tried to install windows Vista which did fine and dandy, then I tried to upgrade to Win 7. The computer then told me that windows could not install because there was a compatibility issue with hardware. So I thought it was the new harddrive, I put back in my old harddrive and tried to install just vista this time and it gave me the same error. Now I can't even install windows on either harddrive. So far, it's not a hard drive issue and the only two options I really have left are the MOBO or RAM.

So from what I provided does anyone have a guess at what it might be? Because I right now i'm pretty much just ordering pieces and sending them back if they don't work. Not the best way to do things but i'm not rich so I can't just buy everything at one go. anyways hope to hear some hopeful replies.

I'd say if Memtest doesn't solve your problem, then check everything else in your case to make sure it is not your problem.

If it had a compatibility issue, it'd tell you what it is.

If you gave us the stop codes, we can further investigate.

((2,500 posts! :D))

What are the spec's of the system, all of them. Be specific, Brand name, Model#, speeds or any other identifying features.

Well I didn't have these problems when I first started. I did mess up on the motherboard though when I put it together for the first time. I forgot to put down the grounding stands under the MOBO to keep it from touching the metal and was persistent on trying to make it work and didn't realize I forgot them. This went on for like 3 days till I figured out it was the mobo not being on the stands that is what not made it work. Anyways first it was giving me small problems here and there and now they just went crazy, not even being able to install windows on my hard drives because it says it's incompatible with hardware. Even though i still have the same hardware as when i first started.

Anyways here is what my computer hardware is made up of.

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
Linkworld LPG8-43-P4-IO 630W ATX12V Power Supply
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual
OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
HD is a 160 Gig seagate(?) harddrive.

so yea, everything worked decent at first but had small problems. Now, it's what I just explained. Anyways thanks for the replies. Also, I would like to give you the error codes but I didn't write them down at first, yea dumb me, and now i can't get the computer to get all the way to the desktop before it freezes. So yea sorry about that...

Anyways thanks again and hope to hear more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom