Hardware problem (video/motherboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano

Solid State Member
Hi everybody. I have a pretty intereting issue that I hope I would be able to fix with your help.

OK... 2 months ago my computer just turned off and and then turned on ... but I couldn't see anything on the screen. After some investigation I found out that there was something wrong with my video card ( i tried it on different computers and it just didn't work, there was no signal sent to the monitor). Later on I tried different videocards on my computer.. it still didn't help. Then I figured out that there was something wrong with my motherboard along with the videocard. I tried my processor and my ram on different computers and they worked fine. Then I realised that the problem is in the videocard and the motherboard... I thought that the AGP slot burnt alon wit the videocard, because when I power up my computer everything seems to work that cpu fan spins, the hdd's work fine... the only problem is that I dont get any signal to my monitor.

I sent the motherboard and the videocard to my manufacturer, and the "supposedly" fixed it.

When i got my mb and video i installed them ... and there was still no signal sent to the monitor... the monitor would go yellow light the orange light... that means that there is something wrong with my video....

What I suppose now is that they didn't fix the motherboard because i tried the video card on a different computer and it worked fine.

So my question is do you guys think the same way as I do? Do you think that the problem is in the motherboard?

As i said I checked my CPU and ram on different computers and they worked fine.

Thanks for your help

my specs are:
P4 2.4 ghz prescott, hdd samsung 160gb, VGA GIGABYTE|GV-N59X128D FX5900XT R, kingmax 512 mb RAM, MB i875P|5P1A6D GA-8KNXP,

Sounds to me like your AGP slot is toasted.
If you have a PCI slot find a cheap Vid Card and try it in there.
That will tell you everything.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom