hardware problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honsbeek

Baseband Member
My system (windows xp sp1) abruptly resets while doing operations .
I mostly watch movie files and surf at the same time. Funny yhing is that I just got a new ATI x1600Pro video card and a new CPU pen 4 631. Furthermore I am using a Samsung LCD 19" monitor.

Where could a problem like come from ? Bad drivers (Video or monitor) , bad video card? Bad Mobo, Bad cpu ??? Really need to know .

This problem doesn't occir each time or all the time, just some of the time

thank you

you want to update all of your driver. ie. chipset and vid card. what type of thermal paste did you use while installing the new cpu?

Um, Thermal paste, the one that is silver from a small syringe. Can;t tell if it's good or not. Furthermore the CPU MOBO and VGA Card are all brand new items, so I used the CD-rom for drivers and left it at that.
Mobo is ASUS P5LD5 and CPU is Pentium 631 Cedarmill. Oh I forgot to mention I am currently overclocking it at 3.7 Ghz... (^_^) surely that should not be a cause for this problem. I'm thinking drivers or bad hardware. Your thoughts

WXt38 ,

Sorry , what does "PSU" Mean again in plain english ???
I'm sure you are meaning the Powersupply.

I guess I could go and check for it , but what would it matter ,
it would hardly be the cause for windows to abruptly reset.
I have recommended watage 450 more than enough I think
or not....

I think 450watt is enough. I run 3 sata drives, a dvd writer, 2x512mb RAM, and a 6600gt just fine on a generic 400watt psu (unless you got a dud power supply).

Put in your old video card and see if your computer resets. It almost seems to me as if the CPU isnt seated properly. I would reseat your CPU and check your temperatures in BIOS, it could be over heating.

If that fails, put your old power supply in and see if its still resetting.

that's not an option , because the older VGA card is AGP , and my current mobo is only PCI xpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom