Hardware problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Hardware problem

This is my first post, but I have a big problem I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem.

So hear's my problem:

I had problems with my computer because of viruses so I decided to format it. I tried to format it with my Windows XP CD but there was a blue screen with error message saying it stopped installation to avoid damaging my computer because I had a virus and my hard drive was corrupt, but Windows still worked (albeit, poorly).

So I managed to format it by connecting it as the slave drive on another computer.

Then I tried to re-install it on my computer, but the same error message popped up saying that they can't resume installation because my hard drive has viruses and is corrupt (yet, my hard drive is empty).

So thinking, my hard drive may just be broken, I went out and bought a new one, but the same message came up again!

So I decided to install windows on another computer and then just connect it to mine, which hasn't worked either (with the same message popping up).

I don't know what the problem could be. My motherboard? My RAM?

I have no idea what to do right now and any help would be hugely appreciated.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Hardware problem

Try to use a windows 98 boot disk.and boot off of it. Then type fdisk at the A: then select delete partitions. then creat primary partition. I dont know if this will help but it can't hurt. You can also try to clear your cmos.
Closed Thread