Hardware prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardware_freak

Solid State Member
hey, im just wondering if there is something goin on with my computer because on Doom 3 and some others, im only getting around 25-30 FPS on average, i have the settings on medium 800 by 600 res, all settings on, besides Anti-aliasing and vertical sync, and my computer specs are, 768 RAM, AMD sempron 3100+, Nvidia GeForce 6200, and a 37gb HDD. I think the FPS are much lower than they should be because i have a friend who basically had the same as me and he had Doom 3 running at 40 FPS in Ultra-High, please help.

but i just bought it a while, ago, well what kinda card or cpu, there AGP and socket 754 btw, could i get the would have Doom 3 and others with a min of 50 fps, cheapest there is i mean, strapped on cash..

What you have is very outdated. Please do not take offense from what I am saying, I am just trying to help. So anyways, the hardware you have is outdated by 2+ years. You probably have a store bought computer, which will usually not be able to play games well anyways.

If you really want to play games, I would just go and save up the money and build a new computer or have one built for you. The information on this board is way more than enough to help you build a gaming computer of any budget!

If you want more info on how to build computers etc please PM or IM me, I'll be glad to guide you in the right direction.

Oh and you will probably ask if you could upgrade what you have, and the answer is, it won't help.

Well he would have to spend 200+ for video card, then he is probably going to want to spend another 180 for 2gb of ram to run Doom3 at a higher FPS.

ahhh yeah, btw, RockyZ i this computer im running is the one i built, and i have a friend running Doom3 at 100-120 FPS with 1 GB of RAM, 3.0GHz CPU, and an ATi x1600 GFX, and also has the setting on Ultra-high, so yeah those fps there r more than i thought i would ever get i would be happy with the same setting as him (my friend) but i dont use AA and i only stick with 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom