hardware conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
i have a wireless logitech keyboard that is causing boot-up problems with my new motherboard. i'm not sure why, but the problem definitely went away when i uninstalled the keyboard, disconnected it, then plugged in my sister's compaq keyboard.

some sort of hardware or driver conflict?

can someone please help me to solve this issue? is there anything i can do other than getting a new keyboard?

i tried using older drivers for the keyboard, but that didn't help.

what usually happens is when it gets to the loading windows screen on boot up, it will hang there for a really long time then end up freezing. upon reset, the usb keyboard won't work (event though it's enable in bios) and then i can't choose a selection at the windows startup options screen. so it goes through and tries to boot normally and won't work, freezes up again.

if i just turn it off, wait, then turn it back on, the keyboard works again and will usually boot in to windows normally.

it doesn't happen every time i boot up, but probably 25% or so.

Yep, open your BIOS and change your boot sequence so it boots to C: :) Set it as your primary drive.

Hello there ...

you said it's a wireless logitech keyboard ... you are useing the USB ports.

I guess you need to check and Enable USB Legacy Support.

Shut down your computer: click Start > Shut Down, select "Shut Down" and then click OK. Turn off your computer.

Connect a PS/2 keyboard to your computer

Turn on your computer and enter the System Setup for BIOS
before Windows starts.

After you enter the BIOS, look for the USB Legacy Support setting.

Usually, this setting is found under the Advanced, Peripheral, or Peripheral Configuration menu, however your BIOS may be different.

Select USB Legacy Support and change the setting to Enabled. Do not change any other BIOS settings.

Save the settings and exit the BIOS. Allow Windows to start.

Good luck
:D :D

HELP!!!

well, i guess that wasn't the problem. because now windows won't load at all. it doesn't freeze like it would with the usb keyboard, but it still won't load. i can boot into safe mode just fine, but it won't load normally.

i tried loading last good configuration, that didn't work.
i tried system restore while in safe mode, that didn't work.
i tried a repair install, but it just sent my to a c:\windows prompt, and i dunno what do do there

what can i do?

I recommend to check your computer's hardware manufacture for BIOS update which will normally take care of this Kind of issues.

Normally they will post the recent updates and you can read if the BIOS update if applicable for your computer. you can read the (fixes) Section to learn more about what it will do.

Well, if you can still get into the BIOS, try checking your boot sequence. Boot in sfae mode then do a BIOS update if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom