hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
ok my pc is screwed up, when i used an alienware respawn cd to wipe my system clean, it corrupted at 75% and now when i boot up my pc, it just says "press alt ctrl del to restart"

ok so i thought ok my os is messed up, so i have a copy of windows xp professional from college, i put it in.. it says press any key to boot from cd.. then detecting hardware settings...... then goes to black screen and does nothing, is this a hardware problem? if so can i fix it? or is my hd busted? is there a way for me to wipe this hd clean and start over withought having to boot a cd? its not the cd, it does the same thing with my windows recovery cd...

friend had this same problem with a fried... froze while formatting.... we never did really screw with it enough to find out what was wrong with it though because he was buying a new one the next day.. (great time for a comp to die)

btw, your sig is way too big

ok i think i got it, i downloaded a linux partition utilty program type deal..... system rescue cd... then used that to delete the partition already on the drive, now it lets me run the xp pro cd....

hi

hi what laptop you trying to format if you do not have the right software it will not let you format it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom