Hardrive accessing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxs304

Baseband Member
When I boot up my Sony laptop PC it takes about 15 to 20 minutes after it's been fully booted up before it stops accessing the hardrive as evidenced by the continuous clicking sound. This happens even if I don't touch anything on the laptop during this time. It seems as though some program is running and constantly accessing the hardrive, but I know of no program that should be doing this, including my Norton antivirus program. Has anybody out there ever experienced this situation and if so what can be done about it. I am running Vista Home Premium. The laptop is only two months old.

Pardon my stupidity, but what do you mean by "Post a hijack this log"?? I have no idea what you're talking about!

I do know that "highjack this" is a "program". I am samiliar with it. My stupidity does extend that far. I did download the program but when I tried to install it all I got was a series of error messages. I downloaded it a second time and tried to install it again but with the same result. Can anybody out there suggest anything else I could try? Thanks.

When I boot up my Sony laptop PC it takes about 15 to 20 minutes after it's been fully booted up before it stops accessing the hardrive. > The laptop is only two months old.

How come it takes this long for such a new laptop? (Just outta interest)

I wish I knew .... that's exactly what I'm trying to find out. If you have any ideas, let me know. I might add, the laptop does function normally during this "noisey" period so it really isn't a problem as much as it is an annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom