Harddrive problem/windows hang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Mak was right then - either HDD or PSU failure. Checking what PSU you have involves openning the case and reading the label. It is very possible for a HDD to be good for a week and then die. You could try running a memtest86+ to take the HDD out of the equation.

I would bet PSU. 230V isnt that much really. I mean you have the mobo to power, CPU, 2 HDD's and all that other stuff. So i would say getting a better PSU would be the first thing to try.

It is rare but it can happen that HDD's die after a short period of time. But honestly i have only seen it happen a couple of times.

Did the drive make any noises or anything? Give you errors when trying to read or write data to it?

Hi,

when the hdd was working, it didn't make sounds, and it functioned perfectly.
and what is this memtest86+?

MemTest86+ is a RAM testing software. It is used to test the RAM of your system to make sure it is fully functional and that your RAM doesnt have any errors.

That would be the first step i would take. The PSU you have now could very well be under powered for your devices and could very well be what is causing your issue. But without testing a more powerful PSU there is no way to be certain.

It is the first logical step in trying to resolve your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom