Harddrive problem in vista install - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Harddrive problem in vista install

Im currently doing my first pc build and choose windows vista home premium 64bit edition, and for some reason in the install process where it says choose where to install the os, it doesnt recognise my new harddrive, its a sata maxtor 250gb, but it doesnt show up on the list. anyone have any ideas or know something i can do in the bios to make shure it isnt just broken?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Harddrive problem in vista install

You need the SATA Drivers from Maxtor. They will have to be put on to a CD or floppy and you hit F6 right at the beginning of the Vista install to use 3rd party drivers.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off