Hard Drive Trouble... I Think??? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Hard Drive Trouble... I Think???

Hi everyone,

So, my PC was working juts fine (so of course I had to go mess with it).

Windows was taking forever to shut off and I didn't know why so I decided to format the drive with XP on it. So I did that and everything seemed fine. I had everything running smoothly when all of a sudden my second hard drive disappears on me. As far as Winbdows was concerned it wasn't there. So I restarted and it got as far as the splash screen for windows and then wouldn't go to the log-in screen.

To make a long story short, for some reason Windows only loads the whole way when I only have the hard drive with windows connected. If I connect the other (no matter the jumper settings) it will not allow me to log in. But if I take out that hard drive and put it into a USB encasement the computer reads it fine and all the files and folders that were there before are there now.

Does anybody have any clue what went wrong? Or how I can fix it? I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Closed Thread