?? hard drive probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE_RoGuE

Solid State Member
recently had probs with w2000pro ( it freezes on blue loading ur settings screen), went to safe mode and was told it was c:\winnt\system32\config\systemced or something like that. don't have any start up disc to repair it so i got xp pro and tried to format hdd .start boot up from cd rom and get set up and then it keeps quiting telling me it is shutting down my system for its own protection. error code 0x00000051 ( 0x00000003,0x00000003,0x00000000,0xe1101000) tried a few times to no avail,so i'm totally guessing here(me= dunce)i think i got a prob with my hdd. any help would be gr8 ppl thx

it won't let me install xp, it shuts down before i get any chance. so as it stands i got windows 2000 pro and when it starts to boot up it either sticks on blue screen or sometimes i get message with c:\winnt\system32\config\systemced

IceKoldKilla said:
\winnnt? isnt it xp, how much RAM do you have?

he said he's using win 2k "w2000pro"

If your getting that message on boot from the disk, I'd say run memtest (its a boot disk that'll check for bad ram)

an xp install disk boots the live cd to ram for the format, after the format it'll copy files to disk for the install. However, since you don't get that far, theres a good possibility its a ram issue.

memtest can be found here:

http://www.memtest.org/

ok i'm a little dumb... how do i run this thing ( memtest) on the other cpu. should i download a certain file and burn it to cd? and if so what do i do with it on the other cpu? if i've only got a dead screen to work with

Download the file, it can be found as a bootable floppy of cd. I recommend cd.

download the .zip ISO
( http://www.memtest.org/download/1.70/memtest86+-1.70.iso.zip )

then burn the ISO directly to disk.

Then boot from the cd.

The program will automatically start testing and will show any errors it comes across. For further in depth info on memtest usage, read the info provided on the memtest.org site

ALSO:

an ISO is a disk image file. Make sure that your burning software is burning the image, not just the .iso file

tried to run memtest. started to run then blue screen came up for a like a second. sayint something like:
pentium 4
l1 cache unknown
l2 cache unknown
chipset 520

then it kept trying to boot up again over and over. this went on for like 10 minutes... is this normal?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom