Hard Drive Problems (I Think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF................

well jeremy, sorry to say neither 1 of your ideas worked. The attachment didn't do anything and when I tried doing it from the repair console, it told me access denied...........

You should type "bootcfg /rebuild" in recovery console. Boot from the XP disc and follow instructions to enter recovery console.

TheMajor said:
You should type "bootcfg /rebuild" in recovery console. Boot from the XP disc and follow instructions to enter recovery console.

I did that and that's how i got to the whole error message asking me for the ntoskrnl.exe file

robertconley619 said:
I tried doing it from the repair console, it told me access denied...........
try it from start-->run , then restart and see how it goes with the x64

you used the x64 cd for that not the home one right?
did you run a search for ntoskrnl.ex_ on the cd to see if its indid in that folder?
you did change the x: to the cd drive letter right?
by *didnt work* you mean after restart it was same or that you saw a black window for a second that closed itself? thats normal if thats what you meant

jeremy said:
you used the x64 cd for that not the home one right?
did you run a search for ntoskrnl.ex_ on the cd to see if its indid in that folder?
you did change the x: to the cd drive letter right?
by *didnt work* you mean after restart it was same or that you saw a black window for a second that closed itself? thats normal if thats what you meant

I used the X64 disk and I found the file under the AMD 64 folder, not in the 386 folder. Also i did change the x: to my dvd burner and what I meant by didn't work was that I kept getting the same error message as before.

well, sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but when your internet isn't working, what are you going to do?

Anyway I tried the repair install on 64 bit and it didn't work. So unless you have any more ideas, i'm just going to delete the partition and start from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom