Hard drive problem need help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PakAndy

Beta member
Hi, I just finished putting together my first own built pc and have installed windows 7 and all the motherboard drivers. My main problem is that one of my HDD is not detected by windows explorer or disk management so I can't format it for use. Both HDD are brand new.

I have 2 HDD, 1 WD Velociraptor 150B, where I have installed the OS and 1 WD Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS-00WE8B0), which is not detected by windows explorer. BIOS and device manager have detected both HDDs (in BIOS set as IDE, I initially set them AHCI). However, the 1TB HDD is not detected in windows explorer and in computer management (disk management) only the 150GB HDD is displayed in the upper part but both HDD are dispalayed in the lower part (hope Im makinh sense...). I have checked that both data and power cables are secure. I should also mention that when the pc boots, just before loading the OS the following messages flashes by:

Adapter 1
Disk information
No hard disk is detected!

Other system infor: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, i7 920, Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz.

Very grateful for any help from you all!

Have you checked disk management? Drive may not be initialized.

Even though you checked the cables, try other cables and other SATA ports on the motherboard.

Check the model of the drive on the companies websites for fixes or firmware updates.

Its also possible that it is DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom