hard drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferkan

Beta member
Hello,
i have major problem with my 160gb western digital. One fine day my power supply in computer ended its life. Nothing dramatic, i just found the computer turned off and it didnt started up again (i was downloading something). The power supply was little hot and it was getting hotter (at that time computer was already off) untill i disconnected him from electric completely. It was pretty old power supply, maybe even 5-6 years so it i was not suprised by that much. I replaced him with a new one but what a surprise... hard disk doesnt work... there is no sign of life ... no sound... its not warming up... bios doesnt recognize it... totally dead. I tried it on 2 other computers and the result was same. Is there any chance of bringing him back to life ? How could the power supply damage it ? Doesnt the new hard drives have some sort of safety-fuse for these kind of cases ? Hard disk was made on 04/04/2005, its WD Caviar, WD 1600. I dont see any damage on him, no bad smell either. Do you think that replacement of hard drive electronic could fix the problem ? Or at least is there a chance of getting a data from him ? I know it may be hard to say , but i would like to know if anyone has such a experience or knows what is probable. Thanx for some help !

Having a inadequate PSU and it burning out during operation can definitely cause other hardware to burn out or malfunction also. And if it did get your HD its a gonner : (

yea if you tried it on other computers your hd is dead sorry to say if ur psu craps out like that it might have had unstable voltages and sent basically a shock to the hd basically killing it in the most inhumane way haha...but yea if it doesnt even spinn up in other computers its dead and u can pay certain companys 3500 depending on the size of the hard drive to retrieve the info on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom