Hard Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
I just moved my computer into a different case about a day ago and one of the hard drives woulnt work. It is a seagate 200G that came with the computer. I finally got it to show up in windows after messing with the cables inside, but the real problem is that the hard drive is suppost to have two folders. (a new folder 2, and a newdrive folder which is the folder containing everything important on the drive) Now when i open the drive in my computer it only has one folder with my pictures in it, it only takes up 1mb, but the properties say that 185G out of 186G is used, which is correct because this is my media storage drive and everything important is on it. But now i cant get to it, its like its there but no link for me to access it. just one folder. What could the problem be? and how can i get my folder and data back?

even the songs in itunes linked to that drive will not play.

I would run a HD diagnostic Tool such as Western Digitals one. Its on their site.

It quiet possible that that HD is going bad or suffered some physical damage during the move.

Most important thing, DO NOT write anything to that harddrive if you want your Data back.
Report back after running given diagnostic Program.
The UBD has one and so does Symantec Ghost.

Theres also HDD Health, which you run from in the OS.

I looked around and ran one test unsucessfully before trying error cheaking which solved the problem, after i ran it I had my folder back!!! Thanx for all your help!! now i can watch my movies again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom