Hard drive and partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
Well, i reformatted lastnight and partitioned my harddrive, i created 1 partition of 15gb for windows, now when i go to install CoD4 it says i havnt got enough room, have i partitioned it wrong or?
Thanks in advance, lukas.

15gb is pretty small for an OS partition(I like at least 60gb). What is the total size of the drive. You could set the other drive partition as the place you would like to install the program.

Well how much free space do you have on your Windows Drive before you go to install? How much does the system requirement for COD4 take?

That will tell you if you have enough space or not.

I dno what your asking clearly but ive got a 200gb harddrive, i partitioned 15gb to install windows on and i assumed i could install cod4 on the other part which should be 185gb, but i cant seem to find that part.

Does COD give you the option to select where it installs to? If so did you select the other drive and not the Windows Drive?

Post a screen shot of your Disk Management screen.

Start>Right click on Computer (Or My Computer in XP)>Manage>in left pane select Disk Management. then take a screenshot of that and post it up.

You need to activate and format your other partition. You can do that via disk management. It is there you have just not set it up to be used yet.

oops, didnt know it took a screenshot of both my monitors, sorry for that.
EDIT : btw, will 15gb be enough for an xp installation? ive installed it but from what hefemeister said it sounds like i need more?

Your problem is that the rest of the drive is unallocated. Which means that it is neither a partition or a drive that can be used by Windows.

You current Widnows Drive has 15.63GB on it and only 2.91GB Free. That is why COD4 throws out this error. You have to right click on that drive and create a new NTFS partition with it. Then it will be seen and be able to be used by Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom