This has a long story, so I'll try to simplify it into bullet points (makes it easier for me to organize thoughts and easier to read than a whole paragraph).
- First, the computer would randomly made this click sound when I booted it and then died shortly after opening Windows.
- Then I just formatted and reinstalled Windows... It worked perfectly for a while.
- Eventually, it wouldn't boot or if it did, it would last about five minutes then completely shut off.
- After, I got frustrated because it wouldn't work and I installed Ubuntu over Windows.
- Worked just fine for a while, but then hard drive wouldn't be recognized in BIOS or anywhere.
- Now, it's not recognized at all, no matter what I do.
What could I do to get BIOS to recognize the drive? Also, I most likely erased the Windows reinstall partition, so how would I reinstall Windows? I'm beginning to think that I should go on some discount site like "edirectsoftware.com" and buy an OEM CD... But I really wouldn't want to pay a lot of money... (Parents wouldn't approve)
Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been explained, but long searches and slow internet connections don't mix.