Hard drive not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Earlier today Firefox crashed on my and a blue screen came up with loads of writing followed by a restart. My computer will no longer fully boot - it will get half way through the XP loading screen (with the blue bar thing) and then the blue screen comes up again and another restart. The blue screen doesnt stay up long enough to read it ... sorry.

Anyway, im trying to reinstall Windows but it keeps saying there is no hard drive install when there is. Ive loaded SATA and RAID drivers by pressing F6 but it still doesnt work.

Any ideas what i do?

Cheers in advance :)

So you have 2 drives. In the raid setup? You should go into BIOS and make sure the hard drives show up in there and reset the bios to default and then make sure the bios is setup for raid. You may have 1 hard drive gone bad if you have 2 drives in raid.

I only have one drive. I just put the RAID disk in incase it needed it. Ill take a look in the BIOS and see if its detected or not and reset it.

Edit: Ive just turned it on and its booted fine - how weird is that :confused: I tried booting it loads of times with no success yesterday lol. I didnt even need to do anything in the BIOS to get it working either lol.

So its all working fine for now! If i get any more problems i will post again.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom