Hard drive Issue

SkaiKite

Beta member
Hello Techist Community,

For approximately the last 3 weeks my computer has been next to useless and has been made inoperable. My C: Drive is almost at capacity (about 150 megabytes remaining) and I'm pretty sure that this is causing my issue, however I'm unsure how to fix it. My Windows 10 PC has become extraordinairily laggy and the start menu, search bar, folders, and windows apps all either won't open or crash immediately and due to this I am unable to clear space in my C: Drive by deleting files and cannot factory reset/restore point. (P.S. I do not have a Windows disc)

Sincerely,
A Gaming Deprived Kite :,(

Please send help, SOS.

Hello Techist Community,

For approximately the last 3 weeks my computer has been next to useless and has been made inoperable. My C: Drive is almost at capacity (about 150 megabytes remaining) and I'm pretty sure that this is causing my issue, however I'm unsure how to fix it. My Windows 10 PC has become extraordinairily laggy and the start menu, search bar, folders, and windows apps all either won't open or crash immediately and due to this I am unable to clear space in my C: Drive by deleting files and cannot factory reset/restore point. (P.S. I do not have a Windows disc)

Sincerely,
A Gaming Deprived Kite :,(

Please send help, SOS.

See if u can delete temp files by going to the following start>run and type without the quotes "%temp% " and delete all you can to free up some space.

Run Disk Cleanup by opening a File Explorer, and then right clicking your C: drive -> Properties -> Disk Cleanup. Let it run through, and delete what it finds. You may also want to check the box that says "Clean up system files" as well, and it will re-scan again. This will remove things like previous versions of Windows if you have upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Win10, so keep that in mind that you won't be able to roll back after running the system disk cleanup as well.

I'm also curious, how big is your hard drive? If you have a lot of stuff installed on it and can't clean up any space, then you may need to upgrade your drive to a larger drive. You don't need a disc for Windows 10. You can make recovery media using a flash drive, so if you need to put in a bigger hard drive it won't be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom