Hard drive issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystyleart

Beta member
I own a hp desktop(windows xp), which 2 years ago stopped working and i replaced the power supply. When i replaced it everything seemed ok for a while, but now i'll start the computer and it may stay on for a while then it keeps restarting. I have been trying to fix this for the past year and due to my financial situation i am unable to go to a professional. I don't know much about computers but ive done research and it all points to the problem having to do with the mother board or power supply. I KNOW this is not the case because i recently took out the hard drive and put an old windows 98 one in and everything works fine, but when i switch it back the same problem occurs. This morning i was able to do a complete system restore which worked for a while, but when i put the pc on it has an error message (cfgwtz or cftgwiz.exe - DLL intitialization failed The application failed to intialize because window station is shutting down) The the system proceed to shut down and keep restarting until i unplug it. How do i fix this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom