hard drive enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamsy

Beta member
I'm not really sure if this is the right topic to post this and i'm also not sure if this will make sense as for you to understand what i'd like to do, but here goes. I currently have a 120gb hard drive partitioned into 90 and 30gb drives, the 90gb is full of music and films and i do not want to lose this and the 30gb is currently empty, I've been looking into a program called hard drive loader for the playstation 2, for people uinfamiliar with this it is essentially a program allowing installation of ps2 games onto a hard drive fitted into teh ps2 to allow quicker loading, i do not want to lose the pc data doing this with teh drive i have adn also do not think the drive is compatible to fit into my ps2, i have discovered an alternative to this called usb extreme which allows the ps2 to access an external drive connected by usb. ok tricky part, what i want to do is essentially creat a kind of virtual drive or something with the 30gb partiton of my internal hard drive in my pc so it can connect to the ps2 without haveing to move it or by a hard drive caddy or anything. is there any way you can achieve this, i want to essentailly hook my pc up to ps2 with usb and have the usb only recognise the hard drive partition as being there, not the entire pc, this would mean i could format the partition into ps2 format and insatll games onto it. thank you for any help anyone can provide! all ideas, links and suggestions are welcome!!!!

By the sounds of it... you stuck with needing to buy another hard drive - try with External USB case. I'm guessing it should work with the usbExtreme thing you're talking about. I really don't think there is much hope in achieving your goal without having to purchase either another hdd and most likly an external usb case.

Yes it does......although it might be SCSI, but I doubt that.......and no you can't do what you want to do becacue the Play Station is not designed to recognize your windows partitions anyway." Buy an external USB HD. They are Cheap now a days. "Enquiry....you must be a Brit????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom