hard drive dieing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
I have a seagate hard drive that i pulled out of my dads old computer (an HP) that is about i'd say 2 years old, it is labeled to have 160GB's (although i know it was a bit lower because of the way they rate them), but now (have reformated through windows as a slave) it is only registering 127GB's whats wrong with it? i plan on using it as storage on my computer since i download ALOT of stuff.

Should i wright zero's to it with the seagate CD that came with one of my other drives?

if you have an operating system that should see it for what it is, i say run a diag. Should be with the cd you have. test if if you havent. i once had a 60 gig that couldent decide if it wanted to be 60 40 or 20 gig every time i turned it on it would change, it was bad (obveusly) maby you have the saim problem

You need to have Windows SP1a or SP2 in order for it to see more than 127GB
...NOT

If it was formatted at 127gb in the other drive , you formatted it again, it will still just format 127gb

right click my computer, then click manage, the click disk management
look at your hd ? do you see 30gb of unused space ?

right now i don't have it in, since my dads computer is a stupid low profile and i don't like going through the phase of getting the other one to work, i go back to my moms in 2 days (i'd rather work on my computer anyway) and then i'll post back

ok, i got it in my computer adn it is still showing 127GB, reformating is not an option now as i have files on it, so i'm going to leave it the way it is untill i can get the freakin 250GB i've been needing

After you install the new service pack, you must partition the unpartitioned space and then merge the partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom