hard drive data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedinitex

Beta member
I guess this should go under the 137 GB barrier thing but I need an answer ASAP. I have a 300 GB HD used as a storage drive. I was using about 110 GB when I reformatted my main drive. When I reinstalled XP and then installed SP2, it says that my drive has 128.0 GB and 151.47 unallocated and that I need to format it. How do I get my stuff off it before I format it?

can you see anything on the drive? sounds as if it could already be lost :( but it is entirely possible windows just doesn't want to work with the hdd. for a start try detaching the hdd, booting windows, shut down, reattach the drive and try again. if that doesn't work i suppose you are going to have to use a recovery tool or a live-cd linux.

I can't see anything on the drive. But when my ad-aware was running and it was scanning that drive, it was going through all my old files and i could see them so i know they're still on there. i've tried detaching the hdd and then reattaching and it's the same. what recovery tools are out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom