Hard Drive Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKatarn

Beta member
About 2 months ago, my computer started to become alittle crazy. First, it was rather minor, at boots, where sometimes a blue screen would appear giving an error message. (Sorry I can't remember what it is :S) Anyway, I dismissed it because most of my computer stuff could still be ran, and plus it was only happening very rarely.

About a month ago though, things started becoming worrying. My Warcraft III Frozen Throne was costantly corrupted, and I had to reinstall it like everyday. I tried looking for a solution myself then, but I obviously failed.

The worrying part was last week, and just today morning. Last week I decided that it was time to go with the old stuff, that could have been causing the hard drive to become crazy, so I decided to reformat. But I couldn't even start up my computer, as it kept restarting right after the windows loading screen, and sometimes I'd catch a glimpse of the same blue screen encountered back then. I was really worried, and hurriedly reformatted my computer, and reinstalled windows. All was well, and I though it was over, and so I reinstalled Warcraft III, had a few games, restarted, its still fine so I rejoiced. For 2 days it was ok, untill today, where once again the files got corrupted... Also, I tried rebooting, and it was worryingly slow. It took alot longer than usual to get to the Windows loading screen...

(Only reason I stated the warcraft 3 would be because it was the only obvious thing that showed corruption, and also because my brother blamed it on the warcraft)

I checked all around, and nothing points to games being able to corrupt hard drives. My assumption is that my hard drive is dieing out, and that since WC3 is the game I've been playing so much lately, it would obviously be the first to show signs of corruption.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would guess Hard drive also.How long did it take to format.When a hard drive is biting the dust things slow way down.Like formating and installing.And is it making alot of ticking.

Alot of ticking as in ticking noises? No, not really, but before the reformat everytime i tried to boot it, the hardrive would sound as if it was starting and shutting off over and over again. It would be like *tweee* and it ons, then suddenly it would just shut off and the cycle keeps repeating.

Also, I just tried reinstalling WC3, which was suggested by Blizzard at their website, but its of no use, after restart, I'd get the same message "Unable to Validate Game Version" when I try to reconnect to play online.

Another thing I encountered, is when booting, before the windows loading screen comes out, but after the first screen where if you pressed F2 you'd get BIOS, I'd have a black screen, with a white "_" at the top left flashing and flashing, and it stays for about half a minute before going on to the Windows loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom