Hard Drive Broken for No Reason

Sirahbil

Beta member
I turned on my computer 2 weeks ago and my hard drive just stopped working, I am currently running off an SSD but obviously 120GB isn't enough with a large chunk taken up by the OS. The SSD and HDD were running together smoothly with no errors, towards the time of the Hard Drive's failure, when booting up from the SSD I would be asked to do disk check every time I turned it on and then the HDD just stopped working, it is not showing up in BIOS, there's just a blank row when trying to pick boot up device. I really need the information on this HDD as it is personal and needed soon, I have tried different SATA cables but I genuinely don't know, any help will be appreciated even if it doesn't change the outcome.

With the broken HDD plugged in the system takes over 2 minutes to boot up from SSD, but when unplugged it takes under 20 seconds. I really need help!

Thanks Everyone!!!

I turned on my computer 2 weeks ago and my hard drive just stopped working, I am currently running off an SSD but obviously 120GB isn't enough with a large chunk taken up by the OS. The SSD and HDD were running together smoothly with no errors, towards the time of the Hard Drive's failure, when booting up from the SSD I would be asked to do disk check every time I turned it on and then the HDD just stopped working, it is not showing up in BIOS, there's just a blank row when trying to pick boot up device. I really need the information on this HDD as it is personal and needed soon, I have tried different SATA cables but I genuinely don't know, any help will be appreciated even if it doesn't change the outcome.

With the broken HDD plugged in the system takes over 2 minutes to boot up from SSD, but when unplugged it takes under 20 seconds. I really need help!

Thanks Everyone!!!

What kind of hard drive brands are these ?
Look at the label and tell me the model number or take a picture of it and bring it back showing the label clearly.

If you have tried this broken drive in another computer how long does that computer bios take to pick it up ?
If it does that how much space is being shown from the bios menu ?

I hate to be the bearer of badnews but if your hard drive is dead you might not be able to recover anything.
The manufacturer of the hard drives maybe able to plus those drives would still need to be underwarrentied.

Let us know what you have so we can continue.

If the bios can't recognize the drive then it's DOA. There is freezer trick and or a hard jolt that might get it to run once. You might be able to find an exact circuit board and see if that'll get it going too. If your going to attempt to fix it your self then try replacing the circuit board first before doing anything that is more destructive
There are places that can professionally recover your data but it ain't cheap

Try booting off of a Linux LiveCD such as Ubuntu. Sounds like a lot of bad sectors on the drive. Windows doesn't play nice with bad sectors at all but Linux can sometimes work around them. You might have a chance at recovering some data this way but if BIOS can't recognize it then you're most likely hosed. Professional data recovery will cost around $400-500.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom