hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber

Baseband Member
Hello.
My hard drive has a flawed version of windows XP home on it. I flawed it during the uninstallation of service pack 2. Now, it all went wrong, because a few days before that I accidentally screwed up when I was updating the cdrom drive when I was updating its firmware drivers. Now I cant use my cdrom drives.
Because my windows is flawed, I cannot get past the Windows XP loading screen before the login screen. I get a

Stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
the session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.

On a blue screen after the windows xp loading screen. I tried all of the safe mode options and tweaked the bios but nothing got me into the system. Before I send my drive in for a rma to clear it, I want to see if there are any options. There are two things to consider when answering... One, I cant use my cdrom drives, two, I cant get into windows or dos, only bios.

My system specifications:

3.0 ghz Pentium 4 processor with Hyper Threading
Radeon 9800 Pro AGP 128 mb
512 mb Kingston Hyper X dual channel 256x2 Ram
MSI pt880 Neo FSB mobo
sound blaster live 24 bit sound card
linksys 10/100 ethernet card
350 watt power supply with antec case
Antec case
Two liteon cdrom drives, designation doesnt matter, cannot fix without clearing drives.
western digital caviar SE 80 gig HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom