hard disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saim

Beta member
hi all.... i'm having problems wid my hard drive...... it doesnt boot up the computer and is not detected on the boot up or BIOS as well...... i got it checked n they say it has a problem with its "card" and the card has to be changed (which is not avaliable in the area right now).... i have VERY imp data in the drive..... is there neway to get it back working without lossing data...... and is there ne 'card' in hard drive and can getting it changed make the drive work?????? thanx :)

well I am not sure what you mean by "card" but there are a few programs out there that can restore data on you hard drive. just search google for hard drive restoration and it should come up with something.

As far as the computer not detecting it, is everything plugged in (e.g. IDE/SATA cable, power)?

thnx for the reply man but, 'card', thts wht i dont understand as well.......... cables are plugged in perfectly and all r checked on other computer where the worked well....... i think it has an electronic problem which cant be solved by any backup or restoration software so plz someone help me :mad:

They are talking about the board that can be removed from a drive, But it isn't done very often. Have you tryed setting the jumpers to slave and hooking it to another PC and see if it will be recognized and if so transfer the data that way.

um usu u can fix that by messin wit diff jumper combos, but if taht dont work, ya then new card. but yea peeps hes talkin about the hdd's circut board, and prob wat hapen is he had a power surge(either internal or external) and it got the main chip, or it coulda been just old and somethin came loose or just burnt out cause of age. but also good luck on the card if ur goona get a new one cause if its one of those ones where u cant take it off seperatelu from the arms, chanses are their gonna have to open it or just say here u go, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom