Hard Disk Logical Drive problem
Facing a problem with a hdd having crucial data
- a hdd (NTFS 40 gb samsung - extended partition with 1 logical drive - 1 partition) working fine on a Windows Server 2003 box
- disconnected that hdd and plugged into a windows xp box already having 2 hdd, so total 3, bios showed only 2, some problem there -
anyway continued to windows
- now the new hdd does not show up in explorer, so went to Computer Mgmt -> Disk management, can see this new hdd, got only an
option to create a logical drive - by mistake, created a logical drive but did not format it.
Now the problem is
- When trying to access existing critical data on the hdd, prompts for a format since by mistake, we created a logical drive
- HDD is in an unusable state, new logical drive created but not formatted.
- Need to access old data, is there any tool that can remove this new logical drive and point me back to my old data?
Some kind of diskedit tool, we had earlier.
Badly in need for a solution for this. A quick reply will be appreciated.