Hard disk disappeared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I've just noticed that one of my hard disks, my D: drive has disappeared. Heres what I've done:

-Remove HDD and check connections are all OK
-Switch connection cables with primary HDD to ensure there are no problems with cables
-Check device manager and BIOS to see if the computer recognizes the HDD
-Ensure system is clean of all types of viruses and etc.

My BIOS does not appear to recognize my secondary HDD, same goes for the device manager. The HDD is fairly warm when my system is running, all connections are fine. I'm not sure when it exactly disappeared from My Computer, but I realised it today. Any ideas? Thanks.

hard drive

If your computer or your bios does not see it sorry buddy the hard drive is dead

To be sure (I'm not 100% certain based on your post), make sure you try a different power cable, a different cable and a different SATA port. Also try disconnecting some hardware e.g. a DVD drive and your primary HDD in case it is a power issue.

Thank you for the reply. I've just tried switching up the power cable and sata cable, and my primary hard drive works fine with the same cables which my seemingly dead hard drive doesn't work with. Do you think it's dead?

I would pull the drive and pop it into an external dock and see if it worked there or not. If it does, backup everything on of it and then start running some diagnostics on it. If it doesn't, it's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom