Hanging at the Logo Screen - Boot Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
My motherboard (see system specks below) came with an 8/4/05 BIOS and it really worked fine except that 2 weeks after the computer was up and running (I built it this past May) instead of booting from the EPoX Logo Screen to Windows it would freeze at the Logo Screen. EPoX told me to disable said screen in the BIOS which I did and it took care of the issue except that in order to boot to Windows I had to press the Esc button every time.

So, tonight I decided to use the Magic BIOS to upgrade to the very latest BIOS offered (smooth, fast, and safe) and everything went perfectly in the process, booted up -- and I freeze at the Logo Screen. I went into the BIOS, diasbled screen, rebooted, had to press the Esc button and booted fine. I had to do the same thing this morning -- so nothing has changed.

I was hoping the BIOS would take care of this problem. Anyone have any suggestions? The APCI is enabled, and like I said, when the initial screen comes up minus the Logo Screen all I have to do is press Esc and everything goes accordingly.

One more thing, since I flashed my BIOS Windows keeps telling me that it has found new hardware and bla, bla, bla. Should I just let it go? Thanks.

Seagate 250 gig SATA w/8mb cache
Antec TP 2.0 550W; Lite-On 16x DVD (2)
M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card
Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers
Sony 1.44 floppy (yes! I still use this old tech)
Windows XP Professional with SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom