HALP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
So I broke the plastic part of my hard drive's sata connector... I can fix it but I'm not sure if I can use super glue or not? Would that work or would that damage the hard drive? Here is what happened (not my pic, found it in another thread):

harddrive.jpg

o SNAP!
You could try using super glue, so long as you don't get it on the pins. You'll have to treat it very gently, and it'd only be good for a temp job, just to get the data off the drive. If that doesn't work you'll have to solder some wires onto the pins, and connect them to a sata connector. E.g. get a sata cable, cut it in half, solder the individual wires onto the pins.

Maybe if you can find non conductive glue? Maybe do a temp job to get the data off, then once you've got less to lose try taking precautions by getting non-conductive glue (if that exists) and maybe some tape on the back of the conductors where they would sit on the plastic as another precaution, maybe it'll work. Either way, good luck!

i used super glue and got it working again... im not sure how long it will last so i will try and get a new drive asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom