Half Ram Being Used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will be able to get the RAM to run at 200Mhz unless you can also set the latency to CAS 3.
Like theMajor said check out that your timings are on the manual setting and its 3-3-3-8

If the timings are set to SPD (auto) they will automatically adapt to the frequency.
If you can only adjust the frequency (or ratio) if they are set to manual, then you will have to lower the timings (higher values).

My rams are in slot 1 and 2 and its manual.. I tried manually setting them to 200mhz times, but my computer would crash... When i put them in slots 2 and 3, my bios wont save the timings and it will go back to auto

you could try changing back to a different BIOS version, I see you're running F11, you might try reverting back to F6 or something like that.

so i changed my bios... and I got up to 189.3mhz.. But when i exit out of Counter-strike Source it takes awhile to be stable(fast) again.. I tried changing the max frequency to 200mhz with these timings but my computer just wont load windows..

you're still not running a correct FSB: DRAM ratio.

THis can be set in bios but it will probably not be called a ram divider or anything useful like that. mine is called memory frequency for example, make sure its set to 100% or 1:1 or whatever rather than auto or by spd.

it should look like mine (except your frequency will be 200mhz as mine is overclocked)

cpuuf5.jpg

I found your mobo manual

here

download it and check if your mobo supports dual channel, also check that your mobo supports ECC ram, according to CPU-z that is what you have.

DUAL channel no.. ECC yes...I have an option in my bios called.. DRAM ECC FEATURE CONTROL... buncha stuff are disabled... maybe you can tell me what to enable? and what to set stuff at..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom