Half Ram Being Used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS! the major.. but how do i fix it =[. i only know basic stuff about hardware.. yenno how to install it..i never troubleshooted before

Should be a setting in your BIOS called RAM/FSB ratio or something. Set the timings to auto (SPD) before changing the ratio, cause maybe your sticks don't like 200Mhz at the current timings.

I've looked around and found several accounts of people with your board useing Ctrl-F1 to enable advanced settings, sorry to harp on about it but I really think we're not going to get any further until we unlock the settings.

I'm sure you've done this already but humor me, enter your BIOS, Press Ctrl-F1 and then look into every menu item checking to see if there are extra options that wern't there before.. You may need to take your CPU setting off auto to manual to get all the options visable.

If this definately doesn't work then we need to go back to the drawing board. Upgrading the BIOS may be an option using the @bios utility, its quite good.

i already flashed my bios, but i will check again to see if any new functions come up on my bios if i use controle f1. thanks again.. i'll be back

Wow, I am retarded =[. I finally seen the menu for it. I put my ram settings to manual and put it at 3-3-3-8. Everytime I do it, it does not save. IT ISNT A TOTAL LOST. I figured out my max MB on my graphics card was at 128MB.. so atleast i changed that and it saved. There is one more setting that was on auto.. i think it was trfs or trefs or something like that.. It is only have trouble saving the ram timings =[.

ok so i did a little trial and error. My bios does not save my cas#latency at 3, but saves it at 2.5. When i change my Max MHZ setting from auto to 200mhz.. it also does not save. Everything else is fine i will try putting my rams in slot 1 and 2

UPDATE: I put my ram in ddr slot 1 and 3 and as normal it didnt load windows.. it just restarted. Next i went into my bios and changed my timings to 166mhz settings.. . and it worked. im running at 166mhz on my ram with 2 sticks in.. atleast im getting progress

UPDATE: I put my ram in ddr slot 1 and 2 and as normal it didnt load windows.. it just restarted. Next i went into my bios and changed my timings to 166mhz settings.. . and it worked.. if i put it at 200 mhz timings it DOES save.. but does not load windows.. The only setting that makes my computer instable is the MAX MHZ when i set it at 200..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom