Half Ram Being Used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Socket 754 can't run in dual channel, but your ram still should be able to run at 200mhz in single channel.

512mb 200mhz is faster and i get more fps on de_nuke on Counter-strike Source. constant 100 then 2x512 100.5mhz ...drops as low as 40. so i would really like to get this fixed =[ SOMEONE HELP i have a match on monday =[

your problem has nothing to do with dual channel, dual channel doubles the bandwidth of your installed ram NOT the speed.

If your ram and mobo/FSB support 200Mhz speed then you ought to be able to get both sticks running at that.
You can change configuration options for yout RAM in your BIOS, to enter which you press the indicated key when you switch your computer on.

Check out your mobo manual for supported configurations.

i need a program that changes timings on ram. is there such thing? cause my bios doesnt have any options on changing hertz

I'm sure it does but the features are likely hidden? What brand motherboard to you have?

try presing ctrl-F1 when you are in the bios main screen.

I believe gigabyte do hide the advanced features of the BIOS, do try pressing Ctrl-F1 from the BIOS menu and see if you then have any more options within the settings.
I'll look around and see if I can confirm this.

i tried ctrl-F1 at the main bios screen.. and nothing changed.. Just the page reloaded, but nothing new. I appreciate you helping.. i really do

Your CPU:RAM ratio is wrong. It should be 1:1 (1.0). At the moment it displays CPU/20, which probably means 200/2.0 = 100Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom