GTX 980 displayport black screen problem

iParanormalx

The strange one
Yesterday I updated the drivers to the new drivers released by nvidia on 4/13 specifically for the GTA V release. Today i start GTA V and about 15 seconds into playing the whole PC locked up.. after restarting when I got to the windows login screen both monitors (one displayport, one DVI) went black and acted like there was no input. So i thought it was driver related so i started windows in safe mode and it got past the login screen. I uninstalled all the drivers in safe mode and then rebooted and could boot windows in non-safemode and proceeded to install official nvidia drivers from 2/10. After rebooting it was the same problem.

Luckily i stumbled upon this thread Has ANYONE with a new gtx 980/970 successfully used displayport connection to monitor without issue? : nvidia and they said to try it without displayport. I unplugged the only displayport i was using and after a reboot I now have not had the problem. Apparently there is a big problem with the 900 series GTX cards and displayports

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=2&ie=UTF-8#q=nvidia displayport black screen

I've now tried 3 official drivers from different release dates but every time i plug in a display port cable all monitor outputs go black.

Really sucks because I cant get 144hz on both monitors unless I use DP

What monitor are you using, and have you tried using JUST DP? Also I suggest using 60 or 120Hz when just running the desktop. I had 0 issues running my Swift (which is DP only) on either of my 980s through 3 driver releases.

2x Asus VG248QE (144hz) .. its worked for 2 weeks since I got the card but after the complete freezeup playing GTA V anytime i plug a displayport in the entire card stops using outputs and everything blackscreens. I can plug in the display port in safemode, and disable the monitor, then restart and it doesnt blackscreen.. but as soon as I enable the monitor thats using displayport everything goes black.

Back
Top Bottom