GTX 970 Low fps on almost everything

Diehardx95

Baseband Member
so i bought a 970 but i have been getting really bad fps compare to my friends who have 600 or below series i have tried to use the 344.75 hotfix but that hasn't worked im fearing its a hardware issue but i do not know. Any help will be awesome and im getting 30 or below with low and medium settings. :)

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz 57 °C
Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
MSI Big Bang-XPower II (MS-7737) (SOCKET 0) 38 °C

Graphics
Cinema (1680x1050@60Hz)
1950W (1366x768@60Hz)
4095MB GeForce GTX 970 (MSI) 48 °C

Hard Drives
56GB OCZ-AGILITY3 ATA Device (SSD) 30 °C
932GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA) 34 °C
3726GB ATA WDC WD40EFRX-68W SCSI Disk Device (SATA)

What games are you experiencing this on or are trying to play, what is your load CPU and GPU temps (yes, load), and how long has it been since you've done a fresh format on your system?

Also, are you coming from an AMD or ATI GPU?

What games are you experiencing this on or are trying to play, what is your load CPU and GPU temps (yes, load), and how long has it been since you've done a fresh format on your system?

Also, are you coming from an AMD or ATI GPU?

hi and thank you for responding, my old gpu was a gtx 680 2gb and i have tried to play smite, Farcry 4, swtor, and some others, Gpu Temps were (min)42C (Max)50C, as for the cpu load im not sure where to look for it so here my cpu performance during a smite game and as for the format i havent done one in a year.
fVSehqz.png

Core Temp

Download and install this and screenshot what it says and bring it back here.

I've moved away from core temp, it's causes bsod on boot or crashes my whole system, I've heard others saying the same so if you have issues with core temp tey evga precision or MSI afterburner and enable your cpu temps

I've moved away from core temp, it's causes bsod on boot or crashes my whole system, I've heard others saying the same so if you have issues with core temp tey evga precision or MSI afterburner and enable your cpu temps

I've been using HWMonitor for quite some time now.

I've been using HWMonitor for quite some time now.

Does it monitor fps as well?
I really like MSI because its an all in one for me. Monitors all temps and percentage of usage. I guess there are many, so its preference.
I would steer away from my long time favorite CoreTemp though.

Back
Top Bottom