GTX 970 Low fps on almost everything

Memory speed does not have a significant impact on fps.

Check the refresh rate that your monitor is actually running at (i know it says 60) If its running at 30 for some reason and you have vsync on... Your FPS is going to roughly match the Refresh rate.

Another thing to look at. If you are running geforce experience optimizing games for you, it could be setting all games DSR to 4 k. Would explain lower then expected frames. Check the res in game to see what it is.

If thats not it, id prefer you run prime95 (for 15 mins, no need for an hour) and then screen shot all the fields in HWmonitor. Then run a game and do the same thing again, preferably a higher demanding game, such as farcry 4. (make sure you do the res check before this tho)

If after all that nothings found, id RMA the gpu

Thank you very much for answering me back sorry to everyone for the late replies iv been busy at work and forgetting to get on and i sometimes get mad and don't want to deal with it but i will do some more testing tomorrow when i can. :)

Memory speed does not have a significant impact on fps.

Check the refresh rate that your monitor is actually running at (i know it says 60) If its running at 30 for some reason and you have vsync on... Your FPS is going to roughly match the Refresh rate.

Another thing to look at. If you are running geforce experience optimizing games for you, it could be setting all games DSR to 4 k. Would explain lower then expected frames. Check the res in game to see what it is.

If thats not it, id prefer you run prime95 (for 15 mins, no need for an hour) and then screen shot all the fields in HWmonitor. Then run a game and do the same thing again, preferably a higher demanding game, such as farcry 4. (make sure you do the res check before this tho)

If after all that nothings found, id RMA the gpu

i have checked and everything seems fine on res and its not set to 4k and my monitors which are a odd bunch but they are set to 60hz and ones dvi and one is vga if that's helps, i did some testing with prime 95 and here r the results and the in game results on Far Cry 4 On Ultra with about 50 or less frames in fire fights and if you need anything else let me know.
oqntJsb.png
o7b8aqH.png

How much video RAM gets used when you're running your games?
You may be affected by this issue:
AnandTech | GeForce GTX 970: Correcting The Specs & Exploring Memory Allocation

The short explanation is that Nvidia disabled something in the 970 GPU's which causes low memory bandwidth, then made a workaround which segments the slow portion of video memory into the last 0.5GB.
So if you're using more than 3.5GB of video memory, it can cause performance issues.

The 980's are unaffected, since they have everything enabled.

How much video RAM gets used when you're running your games?
You may be affected by this issue:
AnandTech | GeForce GTX 970: Correcting The Specs & Exploring Memory Allocation

The short explanation is that Nvidia disabled something in the 970 GPU's which causes low memory bandwidth, then made a workaround which segments the slow portion of video memory into the last 0.5GB.
So if you're using more than 3.5GB of video memory, it can cause performance issues.

The 980's are unaffected, since they have everything enabled.

thank you for replying but i have sent in the gpu to get replaced, this should fix any of my problems but i will keep this in mind just in case.

Well this is a update and we'll I got a new refurbished gpu and we'll at first it was Allright but as loged into my pc the gpu started to install the drivers for it and did a restart but as my pc loged in it blue screened well that's what the error code said but for me, my screen went black and then the computer restarted and it would do this everytime after it loged in or 30 mins later. Any thoughts if anyone is still reading this thread.

Well just like the other times I have tried to freshly install the drivers, it only gives me 30 mins before a crash. Thank you very much for answering.

Send the card back for a full refund if that is indeed a refurbished card and its giving you problems right from the get go.
Its not worth it dealing with refurbished parts or open box return items from customers.
Can you find that same card for that price new or used ?

If its a evga card just open a guest rma. They'll most likely send u a New card. Of its Asus they ll help but it make take them a bit to do it. Never done a msi rma so don't know they work.

Back
Top Bottom