GTX 690 WILL NOT SPAN 3 MONITORS

veedubfreak

Golden Master
:mad:
Just a preface, this will be a rage filled thread.
Ok, so I finally got my triple monitor stand installed, got all the monitors hooked back up and am trying once again, unsuccessfully to get this stupid thing to span the monitors. All 3 monitors are on and working in multi monitor, so obviously all 3 displays and outputs work.

The story in 3 pictures.
xaliwrv.jpg

zhl3pju.jpg

4huD86vl.jpg

Something new that seems to have cropped up though, I'm getting random artifacting that just flashes across the screen. It's almost like screen tearing, but I'm sitting at the desktop. I just installed the newest driver about 30 minutes ago. So anyone have a clue why this crap won't turn on?

Last edited:
What do those end with on the last picture? "Replace with a different display. All Surround displays must supp..."

Well fargle by lookinh at his last screen, its trying to tell him that 3 different models at certain resolution/sound features won't work out that way.
Unless he is willing to trade in 2 of the monitors for the same current monitor he has, he won't be able display on 3 screens.

Even my GT430 and GT520 made a fuss about me having different monitors and refuse to work with me.

I have two different kinds of monitors (two ACER, one ASUS) and they worked fine. Same res, refresh rate, and direction of refresh rate (apparently this is important :tongue:)

I have two different kinds of monitors (two ACER, one ASUS) and they worked fine. Same res, refresh rate, and direction of refresh rate (apparently this is important :tongue:)

Important to get shot at in battlefield/COD/TRIBES/GLOBALAGENDA ?
Yeah its important alright to see which mugger might backstab you on the field. >_>
Honestly though one monitor at 1280x960 is enough for me or anyone else. :)

Some people always got to have everything. :/
Later Fargle.

No no, I mean the screen refresh direction is important. I read up on Surround before I bought my third monitor to see if they'd work right.

Ya, from my earlier research there is something wonky with the sync polarity. Will be going back to the xfire 6970s tomorrow since ATI actually has the programming know how to make 3 monitors span 3 different monitors as long as they are all the same res/refresh, which these are.

Fun stuff, put my 6970s in, and apparently the 2nd dvi output is not capable of dual link dvi. Why is it such a pain in the ass to get my freaking 3 monitor set up to work. Aaarrrrg.

Back
Top Bottom