GTX 460 hiccups on Black ops???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper_13

In Runtime
Yes i waited an hour to get it but i thought it was gonna be worth it, i come home, install it and it goes on fine. i put everything on high without AA, i figure my gpu will give me like at least 80fps in the game no prob. I run fraps and in the main menu its showing me 40-45 fps??? next thing you know when i move the mouse around it stops and the frame rate goes to like 1 and stays like that for 1-2 seconds and then goes back to normal.

Same thing happens in game i cant kill a man because it does this every 10 seconds. I dont understand, i just upgraded drivers. should i downgrade back to the old drivers? or is it just the game.

when i played SC2 on high on the old drivers i got 100+ fps and no hiccups ever happened.

I checked my temps and they're normal nothing above 60c

please help me out guys, i just wanted to play tonight that's all

Cheers.

About the only thing is to try older drivers, or see if Nvidia releases updated drivers for the game over the next few days, the game uses an out dated engine, so it should be running smoothly on your rig. Could be a resource related issue.... Check to make sure that you have enough ram available.

yeah i tried older drivers and that seem to ease the problem, it still happens here and there but not as often as before. well im getting my 6870 this week anyways so i wont be seeing much of that soon lol. and yeah i was right about the fps it jumped up to 80-90fps in game with all high. that's what im talking about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom