Gtx 275 sli problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KShirza1

Baseband Member
Im having an annoying issue...

i recently purchased my sencond gtx275. I shut the comuter down flipped the power switch on the psu and installed the card. when i finnished i turned the computer on and windows booted installed the driver for the second card and i enable my new SLI option in the nvidia controll panel. I ran a few benchmarks with obviouse gaines, and i ran crysis with double my previouse fps. everything is perfect.

now the problem....

i restarted my computer and when windows booted up i noticed the drivers were basic drivers. in device manager it shows both cards but with exclamation marks on them saying code 43 when i opened their properties. I installed the drivers again from the nvidia website and the resolution went back to normal. both cards still show up device manager, evga percision sees both cards and i have full controll over both, and speed fan shows both cards as well. when i open nvidia control panel the SLI optiuon is missing.

I turned the computer off and pulled out both cards and installed the newest one in the top position and left the second card out. turned the computer back on in safe mode and cleaned the drivers with driver cleaner and restarted. still with one card i installed the new drivers in normal mode then turned off the computer and installed the second card with a new SLI bridge. everything worked perfect again with my SLI option avail again, but when restarted it did the same thing again and booted the drivers with a code 43 in device manager. what i just explained is the only way i can get sli to work.

The weirdest part was when i called EVGA for help the rep told me to look in the back of the expansion slots for lights on the gtx275's... wtf... the only card i thought of the 200 series that had light indicators is the gtx295.

computer specs:

CoolerMaster ATCs 840 black case
CoolerMaster ATcs 840 Black side panel w/ window
CoolerMaster V8
CoolerMaster 4 x 120mm additional fans
Corsair Dominator DDR3 6GB 1600
Corsair tx750w
EVGA GTX 275 FTW X 2
EVGA Xeno Killer NIC
LG super multi Blue ray
LG super multi
LG Flatron W2353V
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro
Intel Core i7 920
Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste
ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme
WD Velociraptor 300GB
NZXT Sentry LX fan controller
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

im stumped... im purchasing a corsair hx1000w. also one of my cards had a broken seal when i received it from newegg making me think it may have been tampered with. i dont think i can blame it on the psu or the opened box, but i cant be sure.

My rig...

Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

posts other places on this matter...

Board Message

Are both cards seating fully? A sata,usb or any other cable located under the card can keep it from seating good.

Are you using the latest driver?
Can you post a couple pic's showing the GPU-Z readout for each card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom