GTX 260 and COV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrocide

Baseband Member
I bought the XFX nVidia GTX 260 gpu about mid October along with all my other computer hardware (e8500, 4GB gskill ram, p5n-d mobo, corsair 750, asus dx audio card, ). Everything was loading fine but at first I was running 64bit vista. Reformatted my comp to XP Pro and got everything updated drivers wise and no problems there.

I loaded City of Heroes onto it and randomly when I am either standing still or in the middle of high game play graphics (like fighting or something) it will freeze randomly for a minute or so and go back to normal. The mouse freezes, no error messages (even using "notify if error occurs" setting from the nvidia control panel). I can Alt+Tab and Start+D and that works (i do get messed up resolution for my desktop through seems liek 800x600 coming from 1280x1024 which is my normal). I can also log of normally once it un-freezes. Im on DSL and the network is set up properly (one of the reasons i got rid of vista).

I tried using the global settings on the nvidia control panel and changing everything to max performance settings then to max quality settings in both COH and the nvidia CP and still the same thing. Is there anything I am overlooking or something maybe a possible setting that is causing this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom