Group of small issues... linked? Please help
I've built a new PC, and been having a few problems with it. I'll just put them down in a list and if anyone can help out with any particular problem I would be so greatful! Even if you are unsure and just have an idea, any kind of trouble shooting steps are a start:
- When I start the computer up, at several points during boot the monitor goes onto standy ( orange light, and a warning is displayed ) and then comes back on. Any ideas why?
- My RAM has had to be sent back once. It is OCZ gold 6gb (OCZ3G1333LV6GK).
I got the replacement back and booted it up to a blue screen, and had to change the timings. The RAM should run at 9-9-9-20, instead it detects it as 7-7-7-16. I followed the trouble shooting given by OCZ and changed the timings. memtest ran fine with no errors and the computer seemed to boot and run fine. Now, after restarting, the computer get to loading windows ( win 7 ).. and then restarts, when I run the fix boot option, it gives me a blue screen saying "Memory_management". When I then restart again, it works fine and will run stable until the next restart. Memtest is still giving no errors, any idea why my comp has trouble booting sometimes?
- The computer makes a series of beeps when it is first turned on. Not the same as the error beeps I had when I took the RAM out ( when i sent it back to RMA ), so I don't think they are error beeps. It's more a kind of melody.
When I turn off the monitor, it also does some of the same sounds.
It's kind of... ( hard to describe sounds )
4 beeps, fairly short, with the 3rd one being a higher note and the last two closest together. ( I will put a .wav file on or something if I need to ).
- I have a USB mouse and keybaord, both with lights on them. When starting the computer, they turn on and off several times. Why is that? Is it a problem? Is is going to slow my computer booting?
- My sidewinder mouse has a button on top of it. In windows 7 it does nothing and I can't find any windows 7 drivers, although on the webpage from Microsoft it says that it is supported. All the other buttons work, and the driver downloaded automatically when I plugged it in. Any ideas how to get it working? Apparently it's meant to open the games folder. I'm not that fussed about this one, but... it's just another little thing that isn't quite right.
Other than that, my computer is running fast, it just has these odd little quirks I would rather do without :P.