Grounds for an RMA of my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
One of my gpu cores of my 7950 gx2 fails to start and is being detected as a 7900 gtx, making my 3dmark06 score drop from my original 8k to around 4k, yes i have tried multiple video drivers ranging from my original cd ones, to the latest, even tried xp and vista os's, so im quite sure one of the gpu cores has failed and that its not software based

heres a screenshot:
7950gx2.jpg

both should say 7950 gx2

Well the only way it would be grounds for a RMA is if the card is within the time period allowed for RMA from the place you bought it. Unless it is EVGA or XFX which have that lifetime guarantee.

If not then good lucky trying to get NewEgg or where ever to take it back.

Cheers,
Mak

well i got it from a small local business here, but they built my whoel computer custom and ordered the parts seperately, and they let me register my product myself, and yes i have life time warrenty from evga, should i do it myself or contact the small local business and have them deal with it for me?

If you registered the product you will have to do it.

Cheers,
Mak

one more quick question, without my video card on, will i be using integrated video? will it just kick in when i start up my computer without a video card?

asus m2n32 sli deluxe, how bad will integrated video be?

Integratred video will only kick in if you connect the monitor to the output and the device is on in your BIOS. Intergrated can be bad. It depends on how much you have shared and what you do with it. I wouldnn't recommender gaming.

Cheers,
Mak

hmm, do you know where exactly i hook the moniter up to? i dont see anywhere else to put it besides my video card, i have an asus m2n32 sli deluxe, maybe do u have a picture?

You can only use Analog.

1414_large_M2N32-SLI%20Deluxe%203D%20H_small.jpg

That connector right near the PS/2 Ports is the VGA connector. That is your onbaord video.

thanks mak your a life saver, but what do u mean by analog only? whats analog
(sorry im a noob)

hmm and it seems i will need a converter vga to something converter, no worrys i probly have one of those laying around

just called up tech support for evga, they said i should rma it, what card do you think ill recieve? my 7950 gx2 was discontinued, you think they have another one laying around?

You will need a VGA to DVI converter.

As fir what you will get. I have no idea. They will most likely send something of equal value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom