Green flickering starting on boot up

Varvarg

Beta member
Hi!

So one day, when in windows, the display just went black (no signal). Upon reboot there was an insane green flickering that didnt go away. Windows started just fine though. However it seems like the signal to the monitor gets lost when entering windows (rarely)

What i did:

Tried a different PSU (actually 2 other).

Tried the different memory sticks in different sockets. Also ran the default memtest that comes with windows 7 installation

Removed HD and other drives.

Tried another GFX-card (the one i tried with have had some problems earlier though, so I cant be 100% sure)

Monitor works fine with xbox 360 and via tv-antenna, using the same HDMI-cable

Anyways, I thought (stupidly perhaps) that a new mobo would be the solution.

But no, flickering persists.

CPU: Athlon X2 260
New mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P, Socket-AM3+
GFX: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
PSU: XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W
RAM: kinda old value ram 4 gig (unnamed xD it would seem)

What component do you guys think is the most likely culprit?

that's sounds like what one of my old cards did b4 it died. if possible plug that card in a different pc and see what does it could be either that card is getting ready to kick the bucket or maybe conflicting drivers update driver just to be safe. also run different tests with a another hdmi cable if u have one to rule the cable out 100%

Thanks for reply.

I'm testing another cable.

Strange thing im getting the same error with the other card, but i guess its not entirely impossible

your welcome. hope fully the test will narrow the issue down.
ill be heading to work here in a bit. post what u found so far ill check wen i get back unless someone is able to help you b4 i get back.

im glad you found the issue mate. that should be cheap to replace i got my 15ft hmdi cable of amazon for like $10ish on clearance lol.

Back
Top Bottom